*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758579-Gender-Issues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#758579 added May 22, 2014 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
Gender Issues
I think it's safe to say anyone who meets my hubby would assume he's quite macho. He has a big, booming voice and an authoritative manner, which to be honest many people find rather scary. Me included at times.

He refuses to wear any jewellery, not even a wedding ring. He wouldn't be seen dead in PANK or pastel shades and wears only blue, grey, brown and black. He's a sports fanatic, but would never entertain taking up Yoga, Pilates or any activity which may come across as remotely girly. He's a steam railway enthusiast, a television addict and a bit of a maniac behind the steering wheel. You'd rarely see him on a dance floor or out shopping with his wife. Thank goodness for small mercies.

He has to be in control although he'd never admit it. He dominates the heating, lighting, television, food and bills. Very often I say it's his way or no way, but standing up to him gets you nowhere as he will only see things through his macho, male eyes.

But behind the scenes it's a different situation, although I know he'd deny it. He irons, hoovers, cooks (not particularly well) and his favourite place in the house along with the loo is the kitchen sink. He must gravitate towards it over a hundred times a day and I don't exaggerate. It drives me nuts and at times I feel I have no control over what goes on in my own home and can't even have the kitchen to myself.

I'm not one to promote gender stereotyping or believe men shouldn't cook or women can't have a toolbox,*Wink*, but I do think women on the whole are more domesticated. Not so in my house I'm afraid and he's also far more fussy and finicky around the grand monsters. I do all the daft playing, painting, play doh and reading, while he does the practical feeding, washing, dressing and flapping.

I sometimes believe he's a woman in men's clothing and find the outward appearance and manner combined with the big woman attitude in the home rather difficult to cope with. I'd offer to pay for a sex change for him if I could afford it. Maybe then he'd go out with his mates and let me have a bit of peace and quiet at home. Or even better he'd meet a man who appreciated his domestic skills combined with his masculine interests and leave me to search for a cute toy boy. Yes I know, in my dreams.

He's far too mean to pay for one, but I'm wondering if he's about to attempt some work on himself. He does like a bit of DIY and gardening, but of course only grows vegetables and not flowers. Seeing his tomato harvest this year I'm beginning to wonder what he plans on doing with this pair. Clicking may enlarge them. *Laugh*




© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758579-Gender-Issues