*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759224-Im-a-Very-Busy-Person
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#759224 added August 23, 2012 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
I'm a Very Busy Person
Three weeks today we should be making our way down to Southampton ready to board the QM2 on Friday, September 14th for our third crossing to the U.S.A.

When we first booked this trip it seemed something in the far distant future, with loads of time to organise everything and plenty of opportunities to enjoy our summer here in England. What summer in England I now ask? *Rolleyes*

Regardless of the weather, it's been one very hectic few months and things are now spiralling to the point where I'm wondering where the time and resources are going to come from to fit everything in. And that's without even thinking of suitcases. I presently have so many lists, I need lists of my lists.

In the next three weeks I have to pull in appointments with the dentist, hairdresser, chiropodist, optician and doctor. I have bookings at the theatre, the monthly hike, three lunch dates with friends and a visit to my favourite town of Newark.

Then there's a three day visit from my sis, bird feeding to organise during our absence, a knitted jacket to finish and a coat for my friend's new granddaughter. There are ten birthdays to sort out that we'll miss while we're away and last minute shopping for essential items. There's money to convert into dollars, bills to pay, credit cards to register and cameras, phones, iPads and netbooks to bring up to date.

There are still friends to phone, write to, email and see in any free slots I have left. The garden pots and baskets will need emptying and all laundry and housework to complete. Not to mention washing and dressing ducks and bears ready for travelling.

There are bound to be another five hundred things I've forgotten to put on my lists. At this moment in time I hang onto the thought of sitting on the balcony of our cabin with a view of the Atlantic, book in one hand, wine glass in the other and nothing else to do. Unless of course I meet myself coming backwards or disappear up my own backside.

I'll keep you informed from wherever I find myself, provided there's a keyboard available.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759224-Im-a-Very-Busy-Person