*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758598-Confessions-of-a-Fashion-Enigma
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#758598 added August 14, 2012 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
Confessions of a Fashion Enigma
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 ~ Day 14 of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Write about the changes in fashion over the past couple of generations and compare it to the current fashion trends. What clothes are you most comfortable wearing?


The Urban Dictionary definitions of fashionista are (1) anyone “devoted to fashion clothing, particularily unique or high fashion”, (2) women “with a penchant for shopping and a natural flair for combining both current and vintage fashionable trends” and (3) a person (usually a woman) who focuses her interest on appearance, clothing, and make-up as opposed to anything else. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fashionista

I am neither a fashionista nor a fashion whore, but fall somewhere between the two. I wear comfortable and casual clothing. I like long skirts that cover my compression stockings; however, I will wear short dresses (knee length or above) with those same compression stockings. I am a fashion enigma.

I like the fashions of the Roaring Twenties. I like the fashions of the Flower Children. I like poodle skirts; in fact, I think I owned a poodle skirt once. The only thing I know about modern fashions and fashion trends is what I see worn by famous and infamous women on television, in the movies, and sometimes on the streets of Las Vegas.

If I got the chance and could afford it, I would wear designer clothing because most of the designer clothing I see I usually like. Friends and family gave me most of the clothing in my closet. I have not bought myself a new piece of clothing this century and I want to go shopping for new clothes. I need to go shopping for new clothes and this need has nothing to do with therapy. All though, I suppose such a shopping trip would be therapeutic.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758598-Confessions-of-a-Fashion-Enigma