*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758997-A-little-bit-of-this-a-bit-of-that-all-on-a-blue-Monday
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#758997 added August 20, 2012 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
A little bit of this, a bit of that, all on a blue Monday

This should be blue,as in Blue Monday, yet we will ignore the facts and get on with the story.

At about 1:45am the phone rings ...

Phones should never ring after 8:00pm or before 8:00am, not even on New Year's day, not even on my birthday, not ever.

Anyway, there it rings, I rise up up from the depths of a deep sleep, stumble down the passage as good as I can in the dark, and thoughts of wonder run through my mind, dark images flash ...

It is the Prince.

(As in 'I am the king of my castle, and my son is the Prince')

In a whisper

"Dad, they are busy sawing through the electric cable, please call the police." and a few more basic instructions.

In a previous blog; a while back, the world of the illegal metal trade was spoken about. Copper is at a premium.

Transformer are a good source of copper. Not everyone knows transformers and how they work.

Suffice to say - no transformer, no power. The reverse of the coin, a transformer is good money.

The end result of this story is;

One transformer taken down, damaged beyond repair, replaced by a new transformer, costing a pretty penny.

One unhappy, shaken couple, who realize how close we live to 'danger and lawlessness' on the farms here.

And a wasted effort by the criminals, as they were interrupted in their efforts to feed their own.

Better luck next time - to which-ever side you choose.

And my wishes,

can't we all be sensible, and choose a more sensible time and place for all of this hullabaloo, like somewhere else, another time.

Then the dog found a skunk in its domain - sorry to report, this skunk will no more cause a stink.

Also a 'slender mongoose' got itself trapped in a rat trap. It seems none the worse for wear, the only casualty was me ...
I got bitten for my efforts to free the creature from the trap.


Something about the bark was worse than the bite.


T B CON'T ... (note)

© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758997-A-little-bit-of-this-a-bit-of-that-all-on-a-blue-Monday