*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759129-Loved-Hitler-Yes-they-did
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#759129 added August 21, 2012 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Loved Hitler? Yes, they did.
Loved Hitler? Yes, they did.
2012, August 21


A facebook comment I made (re Hitler):

Yes, "loved him". His quest to "save" the German people from despair and starvation came with a very big price. What is ironic is that Germany is the main cornerstone of the Euro-zone and the European Union is addressing racial, religious and class issues that still haunt the continent.

No leader is without bruises, worms or rot. Famous men and women like Gandhi, Joan of Arc and Martin Luther King may become idolized but they would never have agreed to be an idol.

Hitler is painted as an evil man. But not all of his ideas were equally bad and some were brilliant.

Perhaps we need to look at people and realize that even those we idolize or demonize are just like us, people.

The question is whether any of us will try to "do the right thing". Cliché? Quite. But we will be memorialized by others who will choose how we are remembered.

May our good deeds outweigh our bad.
322

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759129-Loved-Hitler-Yes-they-did