*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759282-Hectic-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#759282 added August 24, 2012 at 9:34am
Restrictions: None
Hectic Week
Hectic Week

The past week has been hectic and I haven’t been writing my blog. It’s a discipline thing and I haven’t been disciplined.

Linda and her friend Louise went on a three day mall spree across Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio and had a great time. I stayed home and got some of my old trucks ready for auction. On Tuesday the auction was held and I got about what I expected for them. So that was a big distractor. In the process I was caught speeding, fined and assigned points against my driver’s license.

The week has been quirky like one of those old home movies that keeps slipping and flickering on the reel. It plays good for a period and then seems to get off track. I have a theory that if life isn’t sprinkled with setbacks then you are due for a big tsunami. So be grateful for the little vicissitudes and realize they keep you from being hit by a freight train.

I gave Linda her share of the earnings from the auction and she bought me a “Foamie.” For those you unfamiliar with radio-controlled (RC) airplanes, be advised that a “Foamie” is one that uses styrofoam in its construction. The reason, obviously, is because the material is light and light aircraft tend to fly better than heavy ones. (Except in strong winds.) There are many that disdain the use of this material in a hobby that traditionally used thin-ply birch and balsa wood. What redeems the Foamie is that they are inexpensive and fly extremely well. Balsa wood is currently being used in the cores of wind generator propellers and is becoming very expensive and in some cases is slowing the production of kit models. I use it to cover the foam cores of the models I build.

Several weeks ago I was flying on my simulator and chanced on a T-28 model that was built with foam. It flew beautifully and Linda bought me one for the flying field. I can’t wait to try it out.

You know….. Clubs and other types of corporate enterprises have a social dimension… duh! People make a group and people destroy them. Nowhere is this more evidenced than in flying club I belong to. Lately the atmosphere on the field has been fraught with squabbles and power plays. (You think men can’t gossip?) Why can’t everybody just get along and quit acting like children?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759282-Hectic-Week