*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759535-Body-mind-and-soul-important-health-issues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#759535 added August 28, 2012 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Body, mind, and soul important health issues
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 ~ Day 28 of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "What health issues are important to you?"


At 65
I realize
my body won’t live forever.


Three types of health issues are important for a human being to remain healthy and happy. These health issues concern the body, the mind, and the soul (spirit). Each individual must balance the needs of these three components in order to remain strong and healthy. A person cannot focus exclusively on one of the components and expect to remain healthy.

I did not come to this realization until later in my life. This is no excuse, but it does explain why I have health problems. Since I cannot go back in time to tell my younger self to stop smoking, eat a balanced diet, begin a meditation and prayer routine, and practice moderation in everything (including moderation); I have to deal with the consequences. Fortunately, I can take action to alleviate some of the problems caused by my youthful ignorance.

*Watch* I can set aside some time each day to pray and meditate.
*Eat* I can attempt to eat a balanced diet most of the time.
*Smile* I can work on acquiring a more positive attitude.
*Drbag* I can take my medication.
*Pool* I can exercise to the best of my ability.
*Laugh* I can laugh and practice my sense of humor.

A bit of senior humor


Woman in her 60s: What are the three signs of old age?
Woman in her 20s: I don’t know.
Woman in her 60s: Lose of sight, lose of hearing, and I can’t remember the other.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759535-Body-mind-and-soul-important-health-issues