*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759685-The-Question-of-Rain--Part-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#759685 added August 30, 2012 at 4:26pm
Restrictions: None
The Question of Rain ~ Part 2
Thursday, August 30, 2012 ~ Day 30 of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Serial Experience: The Rules (tm) are simple. This is an open blog prompt where you can blog about anything your heart desires. The kicker is it has to be in two parts. This means 1 anecdote shared over 2 days.


Do I hear thunder?
I wonder.


I thought I heard thunder. I did not see any lightning, but that does not mean anything. The thunder was in the distance and not in my immediate neighborhood. I looked out the window and did not see any rain. I did not hear any rain, but it was still dark outside. It was darker then usual because of the cloud cover. It must have been around 3:30 or 4:00 AM when I heard the thunder.

I have to get Mom up between 5:00 and 5:30 AM, in order to give her all the meds she has to take before the C.N.A. come to give her a bath at 7:00 AM. I went into Mom room and started the process of giving meds; this morning I had to put eye drops in her eyes and it is easier if she is lying down. I got Mom up, semi-dressed (the C.N.A. dresses her after the shower), transferred to the wheelchair, and pushed her into the living room.

I went out for the newspaper and did not find a puddle of rainwater in my driveway. This is a good indication that it did not rain in my neighborhood. There were still clouds in the sky, so I paused to watch them. Dawn turned them the color of strawberry lace. I stood outside for five minutes just watching the clouds. I would have stood out there until after sunrise watching the clouds, but I could not leave Mom alone for very long.

I know it rained in some parts of Las Vegas because the C.N.A. said it rained in her neighborhood. I wish it had rained in my part of town. I guess rain is still possible because there are still clouds. The humidity feels higher then normal, which makes the heat that much more uncomfortable. I did not watch the news this morning or at noon, so I do not know what the meteorologist predicted for today. However, with clouds covering part of the blue desert sky, the question of rain is still up in the air.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759685-The-Question-of-Rain--Part-2