*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759756-Just-trying-to-get-something-down
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#759756 added August 31, 2012 at 4:50pm
Restrictions: None
Just trying to get something down.
I've been using my paper notebook and neglecting my lap top these past few months. While I planned for this summer to be lax and carefree, I have been bombarded with unexpected guests and chores galore. Not only have I neglected my home-front, I have also neglected my writing and regretfully abandoned my "write something everyday rule" which has bothered me since the day I decided to settled for the remote control to ease the stresses of the days passed. I've jotted a few things down here and there when an idea sprung or I've thought of another character quality to add to my list that I hope will help me understand them better. I also decided to re write the first ten chapters of my novel which was a first draft anyway. Now that I have a better idea where the story is headed, even though I know the ending, I can or at least I think I can make it better. This is when my insecurities fall into place and the battle to write begins. Once I get started though, all of it falls back until it is time to edit. If my desire to write wasn't so great, I probably would have quit while I was ahead. Unfortunately, stopping is not an option, so I will trudge the murky waters of the unknown until the story is finished. Luckily for me, I have been blessed with amazing friends who never give up on me, encourage me to keep on keepin' on, and never cease to amaze me with the amount of love and support each one provides in their own unique way. Every time I think about them I smile and then give a huge sigh of relief because without them, I would still be alone in my head trying to figure out the first line. The last line is the easiest. The End. 

© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/759756-Just-trying-to-get-something-down