*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760221-Funny-Friday-A-Funny-Weird-Dream
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#760221 added September 7, 2012 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: A Funny-Weird Dream
I’m laughing about this dream now that I’ve written it down
.

After I ate and then gave Mom all her meds, I sit down on the couch next to her wheelchair. Mom went to sleep, I know because she was snoring. As I sit on the couch, I went to sleep and had a horrid or perhaps weird dream. It wasn’t a true nightmare all though it came fairly close to one.

In my dream, I went to sleep on the couch with Mom dozing in her wheelchair next to me. I woke up (in the dream) because I heard someone in the kitchen. I picked up my coffee up so that I could get another cup of coffee and went into the kitchen.

There was a woman in the kitchen taking dishes out of my cupboards and the coffee pot contained hot water instead of coffee. I asked, “What happened to the coffee?” She said, “I poured it down the drain.” You can imagine I was furious. About this time the C.N.A. who gives Mom her morning shower arrieved (I’m still dreaming).

The C.N.A. went into the bathroom and then came out. She said, “I can’t give Marie a shower with all that stuff stacked in there.” I went into the bathroom and instead of the roll-in shower; there was a short bathtub with an easy chair beside it. Pilled in the tub were baskets of clothes, towels, and linen.

I’m still pissed because of the coffee, so this doesn’t alleviate my anger any. Besides me being angry, the C.N.A. was angry because she couldn’t give Mom her shower and the bus was waiting outside to pick Mom up. I don’t know what happened in the dream because this is where I woke up to find myself still sitting on the couch.

My cell phone ring and I answered it. It was the C.N.A. calling to say she would be late because there was a traffic jam on the freeway. I lay my phone on the couch, pick up my coffee cup and go into the kitchen. I was hoping that I wouldn’t find some crazy woman cleaning out my cupboards. There was no one in the kitchen. The coffee maker had turned itself off, but it still had coffee. I then went back into the living room and started getting my mother into the shower, so that the C.N.A. could get her bathed and dressed before the bus came to pick her up.

I still haven’t figured out what caused the dream. Going to sleep sitting up on the couch usually gives me strange dreams, but never this weird. Before I went to sleep, I ate a bowel of high fiber cereal with milk and sugar. I also ate a banana and took my pain medication. I did take the pain medication with a full cup of coffee instead of the full glass of water indicated on the bottle.

The thing about the dream that upset me the most was not a stranger coming into my house and cleaning out my cupboards. It was a stranger coming in and pouring out my coffee. I made a fresh carafe of coffee this morning and drank only one cup. I can always warm cold coffee up in the microwave, but you can’t retrieve coffee poured down the drain.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760221-Funny-Friday-A-Funny-Weird-Dream