*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760417-One-problem-solved
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#760417 added September 10, 2012 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
One problem solved
I think I’ve solved one problem I was encountering on the weekends. The problem was getting my mother to the toilet. Mom can’t go by herself and she is in a wheelchair. The wheelchair with Mom goes into the bathroom just fine; however, there is a problem when it’s Mom, the wheelchair, and me in the bathroom at the same time.

It’s crowded. It’s difficult to get Mom up from the wheelchair and onto the toilet. This last weekend, I solved this problem. I put the combination shower chair and adult potty-chair in the dining room. Since we don’t eat in that room, it doesn’t matter that the potty-chair is sitting in there all day Saturday and Sunday. As long as I have, it cleaned and back in the bathroom by Monday morning so that the C.N.A. can give Mom her shower.

It’s easier for me to get her out of the wheelchair and onto the potty-chair then it is to get her out of the wheelchair and onto the toilet. I found out this last weekend that my right knee doesn’t hurt as bad doing this way. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this solution before. All right, if it ever comes to the point when I have to use the dining room for a dining room on the weekends, I might have a problem, but I will deal with that situation if it ever comes up.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760417-One-problem-solved