*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760526-A-disruption-of-my-morning-routine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#760526 added September 12, 2012 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
A disruption of my morning routine
I have a regular "Bedtime and Morning routines that I attempt to practice everyday. Normally I succeed, but sometimes something occurs to disrupt this routine. Last night I woke up about 11:27 PM because of "Clarence Dream, at least I think the dream woke me up. I wrote notes about the dream so that I could write about it when I got up this morning.

Mom’s cries interrupted the note taking. I could tell from the tone of her voice that something unusual happened. I put down my pen and paper and then went to my mother’s room. I found Mom sitting on the floor; apparently, she tried to get up and instead went down to the floor. Mom weighs between 140 and 145 lbs. I can’t lift her back into bed.

I made sure she wasn’t hurt and called 311 to get fire department personnel to lift her back into bed. The firefighters put her back in bed and they left. I got her situated and covered her up. Mom said she was hunger, but by that time, it was around 12:00 AM. I told her that I didn’t have anything fixed, so she needed to remain in bed until the food was done.

I went into the kitchen and got the coffee ready to make this morning. Then I went into the living room, picked up my prayer book, and said the Midnight prayer and went to sleep. I woke up again about 1:27 AM. I got up, went into Mom’s bedroom to make sure she was still in bed. Mom was asleep, which I expected. I came back into the living room, lay down, and went to sleep.

It must have been after 2:00 AM when I returned to the living room. Anyway, I overslept. I didn’t get up until well after the alarm went off. I got up close to the time I get Mom up weekday mornings. As a result, I had my morning routine interrupted. This happens periodically because Mom wakes up between 11:15 PM and 1:30 AM. When this happens, she calls me and I go into her bedroom. Fortunately, this is the first time she called me because she was on the floor.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760526-A-disruption-of-my-morning-routine