*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761486-Weather-Report
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#761486 added September 25, 2012 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Weather Report
The weather witch is alive and well and residing temporarily in St Louis.

It was rumoured I had lost my skills as the weather witch as apparently it has been raining continuously yet again in England and I'm not there. *Shock* I gather conditions are pretty grim with serious flooding in parts. Meanwhile it was dry, warm and sunny in St Louis.

I did say was.There has been severe drought in this area and rainfall at least eight inches below what it should be. Well fear not, today has seen several storms and a lot of very heavy rainfall. I predict if I stay here long enough those eight inches will soon be a thing of the past. Maybe I should rephrase that, but I can't be arsed. *Laugh*

We've had quite a busy and eventful stay so far and I must admit I still like this place very much. On Saturday we finally plucked up the courage to travel to the top of the Arch. It was nowhere near as bad as I'd feared and something I could now cross off my bucket list if I had one. Yesterday we enjoyed a visit to Forest Park and the St Louis zoo.

Today we've managed to locate some old addresses I've found amongst my parent's belongings which involved a lot of trips on the metro, buses, long walks and getting lost, but it was well worth it. It was surreal and quite emotional to actually stand in front of the home where my Dad grew up. Something I never imagined doing.

So, time is moving too fast, but I'm savouring each day and will try to get photos loaded at some stage. Now it's time for a few vinos I think and a toast to all those relatives from here I never had the pleasure to meet.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761486-Weather-Report