*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762150-Weight-Loss
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#762150 added October 6, 2012 at 1:51am
Restrictions: None
Weight Loss
Packing for five weeks away in a foreign country is indeed a work of art, particularly when weather conditions could vary a great deal in different areas. I thought I'd done a reasonable job and hadn't included anything in my suitcase that I didn't consider an essential. Well, apart from a couple of ducks, some art materials I'll probably not use and a few books i expected to leave behind once read.

We enjoyed our time in St Louis and managed to pack a lot into our agenda. The Cardinals and Rams games we attended were certainly experiences, though I don't profess to understand either and probably never will. The almost back of the stadium seats we had at the football game gave me a far worse case of vertigo than the Arch, but thankfully I made it down the hundreds of steps in one piece. We were the envy of many fans as for some reason we were given free Bobblehead toy mascots usually reserved for the under fourteens. We either look very young or were obviously grandparents from across the pond. I suspect the latter. Apart from those and a few small souvenirs from the Arch, I added nothing to my case. Well, there was one dress from Macys and a couple of pairs of crops from Dillards.

But when we reached the airport to board our flight to San Diego, it seems my case was already bordering on being overweight. Looking around at the size of some of the hand luggage other passengers were taking onto the plane made me realise I maybe made a mistake cramming everything into one suitcase and only carrying one small bag. But hindsight and all that.

So, now I have a mission to reduce the weight of my case for future flights in order to be able to add things along the way. This means thoughtful planning. I need to brush my teeth more times a day in order to use up more toothpaste and mouthwash, and use my own shampoo and conditioner instead of the complimentary hotel ones. I must remember to take my vitamin supplements every day, change my nail varnish more frequently and wear my heaviest jewellery on flights. Must use sunscreen more often, reapply make up frequently and wear extra squirts of perfume. Removing hair from my hairbrush and sand from my shoes might help too. Oh, the stress of it all. And I'm sure as my case weight decreases my body weight is increasing, but that's not an issue for flying. Maybe it should be seeing as some passengers appear to be twice my size.

So, now we're enjoying our time and the glorious weather in San Diego. Someone very special joined us for lunch yesterday. Three years since we last met and nowhere near enough time together to catch up, but it was lovely to be Nada and Scarlett once more. I have tried and failed to load a couple of photos so that will have to wait until we have a better internet connection.Two more days and we're Nashville bound. Must dash now and check the weight of my case.




© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762150-Weight-Loss