*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762180-Annoyed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#762180 added October 6, 2012 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
Annoyed
I hate writing negative blog posts. The world has enough bullshit it in it. Like scripted reality tv, for example.

But today I am really pissed off. A friend(now former friend) invited me to a bbq which was supposed to happen between 4 and 5 pm today. I hadn't heard anything from him since he invited me, so I assumed the time was still around four thirty or so, and sane person would.

This afternoon, I got a text message from him at around twelve thirty to see if I was still coming. I texted him that I was still going to come, and asked if the time it was going to start was still going to be around 5 or so. I didn't recieve a text back, but I figured what the hell, he had just arrived out of town, he was probably entertaining guests and was probably away from his home.

I get to his house at about 4:30, and no one is there except his dad, who gives me a funny look. Apparently everyone had already eaten hours before, and everyone was partying downtown without me. I had a serious WTF moment. The dad offered to call my friend, but at that point, I was done with the whole thing. I mean, seriously, who invites someone to the party, changes the time with no phone call or text, and then expects things to be hunky dory?

On my way home, guess who decided to call me? My former friend who apparently couldn't text me or call me before. I didn't answer because I was driving, but when I got home, I texted him that I had been to his house already, and that I wasn't driving back, so he could have a good evening. I still haven't gotten a text message back, but I don't care. I'm not going to tolerate his bullshit.

© Copyright 2012 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762180-Annoyed