*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764525-Looking-Across-the-Mud-Flats
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#764525 added November 4, 2012 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Looking Across the Mud Flats
Looking across the Mud flats Where the beach ends and the mud begins


This photo shows a shot from South beach looking out into the bay. Note at the bottom a very thin slice of beach in the lower left hand corner. This provides a reference for where the beach ends and the mud flats begin. In the distance is the beginning of the peninsula that leads to Point de Fume. There is a building with an orange stripe. That is the sailing school. Across the street is a beautiful villa. It is awesome. Somehow I don’t have a picture but I have many that are similar.

When the tide goes out, as you can see the boats in the harbor are sitting on the mud. The tidal gradient is rather extreme in that part of the world.

When I was a boy there was only one old fishing boat laying on the flats. One day I walked out and climbed aboard. It was very exciting to explore the interior of that old wooden sailing ship. I have pictures of the structure of that type of old boat coming up in a later blog. The experience made a vivid impression on me and at one time I built Plank-on-Frame ship models. This might help explain my love for modeling objects in miniature.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764525-Looking-Across-the-Mud-Flats