*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764519-Fortress-at-Fouras
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#764519 added November 4, 2012 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Fortress at Fouras
The Fortress at Fouras France This is the fortress at Center Beach in Fouras


This is Fort Vauban in Fouras. It is named after the famous French architect responsible for many of the fortresses built during the period. These types of fortifications (or the ruins) are very common in Europe. Inside the fort were several gift shops and the woman who ran one spent her summers in Nevada shopping for semi-precious gems.

It rained most of the time we were in France and the first night we got soaked walking home from dinner in town. We had a great dinner…. Fillet de Sole, which is like flounder in the US. It was good but nothing to match the Sole we had on Point de Fume, which is famous for its seafood.

My mother used to drive us out onto the point to see the sun set. For some reason she loved sunsets and her favorite watching location was Point de Fume. The Restaurant we ate at there has a special, where they bring out a small boat filled with all the seafood the area is famous for. It looked like half a rowboat piled high with oysters, moules, crabs and every other seafood you could imagine.

This shot shows an overcast day and is typical of the weather we experienced while there. However, we did not go back with the intention of soaking up the rays but rather the adventure of returning to our childhood. How many people get to go to a foreign land and do that?

Linda and I frequently play the game “How would we spend the money if we hit the lotto.” One of the things we decided (when this happens) is to buy a villa in Fouras. Isn’t it fun to think fanciful thoughts?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764519-Fortress-at-Fouras