*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764622-This-ones-about-Mo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#764622 added November 1, 2012 at 5:11pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Mo.
THE PROMPT: "Discuss Cancer."

What's up everybody? Thanks to our pal at the Canadian Consulate, Brother Nature , it seems as the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS has been revived after a summer off, probably spent debauching in some kind of island getaway or something. And I didn't even get a souvenier.

Y'all know how I spent my summer, so I'll skip the details and just say thanks to Joel for the role he's playing in Nov Movember's month of blogging. I'd planned on coming back a little more frequently anyway, as my time, patience, internet connectivity and headspace allows. And if you're familiar with my efforts in previous challenges, well, let's just say we've dove right into the depressing prompts in a hurry this month, and I'll be wasting no time in circumventing today's nudge.

Cancer. Nobody likes to hear the word. And everybody's connected to it in some way...ya know how every actor/actress who's ever had at least a bit part in any cinematic attempt at appeasing the film-going masses has somehow graced the same screen as Kevin Bacon to the 6th degree? That's cancer in the medical world to people who know other people.

And frankly, everyone else is going to be writing about who they've lost and what it means and no thanks *Thumbsdownr*. That's not why I'm here today. Sort of.

I have the means in this here resurrected spot of daily social media sharing of, well, sharing. So that's what I'm gonna do. And I'll admit, I'm only vaguely familiar with this website, but not its purpose. http://us.movember.com/

The gist is for men to create a profile, shave by November 1st, collect donations, and it all supports funding for cancer research. Which I support, in spirit only. See, I'm selfish. Having been of the age and need to shave my face since I was 12 years old, and knowing that to me it's a pain in the ass having to shave, and not wanting to smash my beliefs up against your eyeballs as you read this, I decided a long time ago that unless it was absolutely required, I'd shave on my terms, and it doesn't cost you a cent of your hard-earned cash for a good cause. So donate at your desire, or don't, or just do something nice for someone that doesn't cause any harm to facial hair. I don't really care...just do.

I will say that in lieu of donating, I have been growing a mustache since the middle of summer, and I wish I had a picture handy to prove it, because it is one massive oversized soup strainer if I may say so. Trust me...this lip sweater is a beast and a force to be reckoned with. My woman repellant is banned is several countries and restricted by many more religions. Truth be told, it would probably live in infamy and in memory only if this "grow facial hair and hand over cash" thing wasn't such a global phenomenon, but it is. I'll keep the fu-manchu for the rest of the month I suppose, in honor of those men willing enough to sport some whiskers on their otherwise silky-smooth babyfaces. But I make no guarantees once the calendar flips to December. Eating and drinking is a chore onto itself at times with this animal on my face...no joke.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I'm aware that I may have shared the following clip before, but in the world of art that is the setting of music to a story filmed with actors, this may be one of the greatest videos of all time, and its purpose it twofold: 1) It's kind of how I feel today in general and it features my lunch, and 2) Stick around for the end and Paco's fake stellar mustache. Maybe that's threefold, but who's keeping score? Not me.



VITAL STATS:

*Sleep* If clockin' zzz's were currency, I'd be broke. For real. No matter what I do, don't do, take or don't take, nothing puts me down at a decent hour anymore, or keeps me down. I'm anticipating many more entertaining late-nite tweets (@Fivesixer) that amuse pretty much me and maybe a few others.

*Female* Not gonna lie...finally got around to deleting a bunch of people and pics that aren't really necessary to my existence anymore on Facebook. And seeing them just before they're gone forever is a sad process that's vital to the cleanliness of one's mental health, I believe. Seeing as how I've pretty much been scrubbed and sanitized from their realms anyway, it's just another rung on the ladder of climbing back into the person I once was before them. And it's a big ladder, it's missing a few steps, and I don't care...I'm anxious enough to try to get back up there anyway, as foolish and unready as I might be sometimes. I've never been a patient person to begin with, but I'll figure it out.

*Books3* I've made one decision...I'm 98% positive I'll be going back to school. Still narrowing down the final options for what and where and how, but come January that's the goal. And now's the time to do something about it.

*Books5* One positive so far that's as tangible as I can feel from the mess the last six months or so has been? I've gotten back into reading books just for the hell of it. I've also discovered that one of my biggest pet peeves is borrowing books from the library, when I know I used to own them at some point. My collection of works from Richard Brautigan and Jack Kerouac, where have you gone??

And that's all I've got for today. Gonna hit that lunch in a few minutes I was talking about earlier, tie up some loose ends in other places, hit up another depressing counselling session that's supposed to be anything but, and see where the night takes me. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764622-This-ones-about-Mo