*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764885-This-ones-about-the-open-mic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#764885 added November 5, 2012 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the open mic.
THE PROMPT: Brother Nature 's "Open Mic Night!!"

What's up y'all? I've gotta admit, and I know I've said it before, but sometimes the open prompts are more difficult to pull off than even the strangest of prompts. Especially when there's not a lot goin' on.

I made a few notes last night in preparation. Now I'm typing over them. What does that tell you about my note-making ability? *Rolleyes*

But I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit!

I do have a little bit of news, however. The inmates have bumrushed the asylum for this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, which I'm totally down with (all respect due to Mssrs. Earl and Thundersbeard, of course). Brother Nature has done a great job running the show for the first week, and he's asked me if I'd be interested in handling the prompts for the coming week. So I'll be doing that. I'm like a substitute for the substitute or something. That's kinda cool.

So then I thought about it...during "official" 30DBC's when we, the bloggers, are mandated to supply the prompts according to a schedule...ummm yeah, I always dreaded my turn. Even though I had time to think about it and usually came up with something decent, I still wasn't a fan of prompting for the people. That probably has something to do with the fact that when it comes to bitching about prompts I don't care for, I can get whiny like it's my passion.

But screw it. I'm gonna do it, and I'm gonna like it! I'm gonna press my grubby nose against the glass of authorship and put my fist through it. Results be damned! Caution, meet the mawfuggin' wind! If I'm gonna get fully on board with this optimism thing and try to make myself be a more positive person, is there not a better step to take than agreeing to something you're not fond of? Methinks not. Or is it "methinks so"? Geez...I sometimes start to confuse myself when I start throwing nots around. Yikes...and this is the guy tossing out your prompts. It's like taking over for Letterman on late-night tv and muffing the monologue. I'm weeping a little inside for the other challengers now.

Anyway, give Joel some props for the job he's done organizing and leading us into November. But this week, the 30DBC is headin' back to the states. Y'all been warned. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I'm bangin' this out live and direct from Blackberry Central...I hope this shit works.

It's hard for me to fathom that this song is now over 10 years old. Everytime I hear it, or any song from that album, I immediately go back in time. I don't know what it is, but I feel that era of my life among the lyrics so much more than a lot of other music I listen to. The relatability between the music and the memories and the time...it's weirdly comforting. Hmmm...I smell a prompt in there somewhere! *Wink*



Someone's gonna have to tell me if it works. Stupid technology...the Blackberry browser doesn't show videos embedded in the blog. Shame on you, technology!

VITAL STATS:

*dog* I really hope there's a dog emoticon. I noticed awhile ago there were some new ones, but still not an official hockey one besides the one Joel makeshifted (and don't get me started on the lack of a true, legit WDC-accredited hockey emoticon). Anyway, I accompanied the dogs to a place where they do microchipping for pets. I don't really know why they do it; maybe it's so they can be upgraded down the road or something. "Hi, yes, we're here to upgrade the dog. I'd like one with more memory and a faster processor. Oh, and one that doesn't pee when you pick him up." Speaking of peeing, I'm sitting in the place you sit and wait while the paperwork gets filled out, with three leashed dogs, and the people at this place are fawning all over the cute puppy. Like they've never seen a cute puppy before (wait, maybe they haven't- this place is open like six hours a month). What does the cute puppy do to express his gratitude? He pissed on the floor. He left a cute little puddle. I was slightly non-plussed.

And this concludes "Open Mic Sunday Night". If you're driving, don't drink, and if ya drink, don't drive. I'm gonna grab me a snack and a smoke, and maybe some shut-eye after I hit the 30DBC forum. Peace out y'all, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764885-This-ones-about-the-open-mic