*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765176-Old-Roman-Ruins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#765176 added November 16, 2012 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Old Roman Ruins
Old Roman Ruins More Roman Ruins


We took a day trip to Santis, a nearby French City, that has some awesome Roman Ruins. It was hard to imagine that in about 1000 AD there was a flourishing Roman community in France that had all the facilities one would normally expect to see in Italy.

It was the same thing when we were assigned in Germany. There were cities such as this one, where gladiators fought and water was brought in from the Alps via viaducts. It boggles the mind that people once gathered at locations such as this to witness games fought to the death. By comparison our history seems so short.

Yesterday I worked the local Township polling place as an inspector. Once again our community, a microcosm of the population at large predicted the outcome in a very close vote. I found the outcome a bit of a downer but it was close and the people have spoken.

This morning Linda and I were up at three O’clock (AM) to get her to the Madison Airport by five. She will be spending the week with her parents and might get a chance to see the Grandchildren over the weekend.

I have a lot of wood to split before it gets too cold… So if this blog sounds a bit rushed… it is! See you tomorrow.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765176-Old-Roman-Ruins