*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765397-Over-Hill-Over-Dale
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#765397 added November 9, 2012 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
Over Hill Over Dale
Writing/Blog Prompt: "Tell us a good 'road trip' story. If you don't have one, what would you think constitutes a good road trip?" By Fivesixer for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS


Over hill, over dale as we hit the dusty trail, with my grandfather driving the car. When I was a child, my siblings and myself accompanied my grandparents on several road trips. These road trips usually occurred on National Holidays such as Memorial Day or Independence Day and few of them lasted more then twenty-four hours. All right, that probably is not everyone's definition of a road trip, but my grandfather was a middle class working man; therefore, the road trips he took with us had to be short because he usually needed to go to work the next day.

One of the road trips we took was on Memorial Day. The specific trip I am thinking of took us into Missouri. At least, I think it occurred on Memorial Day; there could have been another reason we went to Missouri. I know we went there to attend someone's funeral also. It was a long time ago, I was a child, and the only thing I was interested in at the time was the scenery. I remember the green hills of Missouri and I remember a town called Gravette. I remember the town, not because we visited it, but because my grandfather commented on the sign that pointed to the town. He thought that was an odd name for a town.




© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765397-Over-Hill-Over-Dale