*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765799-The-Walled-City
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#765799 added November 15, 2012 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
The Walled City
Norman and Judy taken from atop the Wall Walled City along Coast of France


After leaving St. Nazzaire we stopped for a day, at St Malo, on our leisurely trip back toward Paris, at this walled city along the coast. We arrived early and I drove the van through the gate and up the narrow streets to the Hotel, in order to drop off the bags. Fortunately we had the GPS and after a half hour of groping about found it. It was stressful driving.

After unloading, (There was no parking inside the walls) we found a public parking lot and divested ourselves of the van. It was a beautiful town and we stayed there because it was as close to Mont St. Michael which Linda and Judy were anxious to see.

The town turned out to be a wonderful place to visit and the Hotel was certainly centrally located. We stayed two nights and the seafood was exceptionally good.

The narrow streets held many interesting shops and boutiques and as usual, we had a good breakfast and an opportunity to feast on the croissants and other French pastries. We also found an interesting antique shop where I bought a US Silver Dollar and two affectionate frogs carved in an ivory like substance.

Each evening we walked around and read the menus posted in front of the restaurants and had fun deciding where we would eat.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765799-The-Walled-City