*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765935-Mont-St-Michel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#765935 added November 19, 2012 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
Mont St. Michel
What a neat place Store window at Mt St Michel


This was the part of the trip that Linda and Judy had been looking forward to. I don’t suppose there are many with an interest in foreign places that have not seen Mont St Michel. It towers up out of the sands and while there is a road now, above the tidal level, in times of old when the tide came in, it was surrounded by water. This was an important defensive consideration when the splendid monastery was built.

Linda ran out of gas on the first level and waited for us below. It was certainly worth seeing..., an impressive edifice of period design. Like other walled towns, it had shops and gardens in addition to what you might expect in gothic architecture.

Linda had wanted a bowl of French Onion Soup ever since we arrived in France and since it is a seasonal dish, we hadn’t been able to find any. (It ‘s most popular in the winter.) However, we found some in a restaurant where we had lunch. It was good.... (tasted like watered down onions *Bigsmile* )

One of the things you get to do in France is walk a lot. Here we not only walked but climbed and by the time we finished a couple of hours of looking around, we were tired from the exertions.

On the top was another American who had returned to France for exactly the same Reason Norman and I had. His father had been assigned to an airbase outside of Paris and he was back to see where he’d lived.

There were an abundance of tourists from Asia and the tour buses rolled in and out. It was good to have a van and be able to set our own pace. At the parking lot we met another American couple that had just come from the beaches at Normandy. That would be our next stop on the great adventure to revisit our youth.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765935-Mont-St-Michel