*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765848-Nov-14
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#765848 added November 13, 2012 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
Nov 14
Late again as usual. It has been so busy that I didn't get a chance to really sit down and catch up on my writing. I had a 31 gifts party last night and with about 16 (counting Kids) it was still a $700 party. The hostess is so excited to $110 in free purses, totes and gifts for Christmas. I was excited to because that qualifies me for a Plum Happy DOT large Utitlity tote ($35) for free! I do believe! *Wink*


I have to make treats for our Choir and orchestra practice on Wed night 70+ people. So I am making fauz toffee. Ha it is so good and so easy, Spread saltine crackers on a jelly roll pan, bring to a full boil 1 c. brown sugar and 2 sticks of unsalted butter for about 1 minute.Pour over the saltines and spread evenly. Put pan in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 5-6 minutes or until it is bubbly. remove. Melt 2 c (or more) milk chocolate chips and stir until just slightly thickened and spread over crackers. Now I sprinkled just pinches of sea salt over the top, sparingly. cool completely and break apart. I put it in the frig for a few minutes then out again. I scored the chocolate and then just broke them apart. They were a hit at work and home.





I am also thinking of making a cake I found. It is so simple, just bake a chocolate cake mix as directed, just before it is done, mix up 2/ 4 oz boxes of instant cookies and cream pudding. Poke LOTS of holes in the warm cake. Pour the slightly thickened pudding over the cake and spread evenly. Refrig for at least an hour. Now here are the great options. 1) when cool top with crushed oreo cookies. OR spread whipped topping over the top and THEN top with the crushed cookies. either way it is YUMMY.





I am having a Christmas Open House on Sat offering cash and carry items from my kit of 31 gifts and totes as well as taking orders for Christmas presents. I hope that some of my neighbors come so I can meet them.


So much for that. I am still behind in my writing. I HAVE to get busy and catch up! I thought I was doing great then realized I opened the wrong version and added to that. Now I have to cut and paste the new stuff in the version I was writing on so I have the correct count and update the version. And so the Saga continues....


© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765848-Nov-14