*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766167-This-ones-about-out-of-the-way
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#766167 added November 17, 2012 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about out of the way.
What's up, fine people? So, in a bit of a continuation from my previous entry, I made a big jump in life. I moved from the wonderful Western New York area of Buffalo all the way across the state to Cortland, which is just outside of Syracuse. I'm sure some are wondering, since I haven't really told very many people about what I've done, including those very close to me. And I'm positive some people will have their minds set on my motives, which I can assure you right now are incorrect.

My main goal of moving was to jump-start my life and get a fresh start, which I'm well on my way actually. I'd grown bored and stale; a bit complacent. I wasn't getting anywhere or doing anything. In being here about a week I've made many strides that I couldn't have imagined had I stayed stuck in the mud and dog shit of the past 37+ years. They say life is what you make of it...so I grabbed a new medium and I'm tagging my world all different ways. Feels good too.

It's fair to say that I have one friend out here, an old friend that I dated a long, long time ago who's since married and started a family. She's been a tremendous help so far in terms of, well, living, for one. She's introduced me to some of her friends and coworkers, and provided a few resources to help me get settled. I'm very thankful for that.

I'm still kinda waiting to exhale. It seemed like a blur getting over here. It's been quiet and lonely at times, but I'm a quiet and lonely person at times, so it's fitting. I've been catching up on reading, writing, and recharging my batteries. I have very few, if any, complaints so far, but give it time. *Smirk*

Wow...I really thought I'd have more to say about being here. I'm sure the minute I get to my room and settle in for the night I'll have tons of things bouncing in the back of my head and keeping me awake at night. Of that there is never a shortage.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Painting...



I love it. Pretty deep.

VITAL STATS:

*Smartphone* The old phone's dead...so I'm back to no steady internet. Oh well...poundin' out those resumes to make the time pass better, I figure.

And that's about all the time I have today in this little run of free time. Gonna check my books out at the library, make a sandwich and get on with the day I suppose...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766167-This-ones-about-out-of-the-way