*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766651-Festival-Vendors
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#766651 added November 24, 2012 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Festival Vendors
Another Festival Vendor Colorful Festival Vendor



More on the Festival at Rouen

Before I came along my mother was hoping for a girl. I turned out to be a bit of a disappointment but undeterred ma made the best of what she had at hand. I got a doll once for Christmas but mostly she hauled me around wherever she went. My opinion was sought on the clothes she bought and what to get at the grocery store. I was not a very cooperative proxy and at length she began tiring of making me a pseudo skirt, but by then I was a teenager.

While I turned out to be pretty normal as a guy with a strong interest in the fairer sex, I had also learned something about style, good food and finding the most expensive item in a store.

To this day I love going to a market, be it in Europe or Asia. There is something about smelling the smells and watching the vendors display their wares that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

So at the market festival in Rouen I was in hog heaven. I must have walked for miles and enjoyed every minute of it. Shown in these photos are more of the vendors at the market festival. The whole experience was a sensory joyride and I want to share a couple more of the scenes walking among the booths.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766651-Festival-Vendors