*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766767-Monets-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#766767 added November 25, 2012 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Monet's Home
Visiting Monet's Home The gardens


Monet

After leaving Rouen we went to see the home of Monet the famous French impressionist. There was a museum to visit, his home and the gardens that surrounded them. My father really liked Monet.

The museum was quite small but nice. There was a woman at the desk who spoke fluent English. She had lived in Texas for twenty years with her husband. We walked around for about an hour looking at the paintings, and then went outside to see the gardens. Even though it was October everything was still blooming and it was like walking around in a flower shop.

In Monet’s home there were many pictures displayed from his personal collection. I overheard one British gentleman say… “Well you know Edgar, the paintings we see here were the ones he didn’t feel comfortable publicly displaying. “ Hey! They looked like typical impressionist paintings, not my cup of tea in art, but they seemed high speed to me. I really liked the tour of the house and all the period acutraments. Like the wood stove, furniture and knick-nacks laying around. There was a gift store with some neat photographs blown up on the walls.

Outside you see a picture taken from behind Linda. The gardens behind his house were particularly beautiful. We had trouble trying to find our way out. It was thronged with tourists. I picked up a walnut on the grounds and plan to plant it in my back yard. My farm has an abundance of walnut trees and probably would welcome some French sprig popping up to offer a little diversity.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766767-Monets-Home