*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766674-Family-Friday-not-Black-Friday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#766674 added November 23, 2012 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Family Friday not Black Friday
Writing/blogging Prompt: BLACK FRIDAY PROMPT: What are your shopping habits when going for gifts - early retriever, last-minute mania, online clickster, year-round collector, forgetful whatever, ... ? And does it work? by Wordsmitty ✍️ for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS.


For me this is Family Friday because Mom did not go to the Daycare center. The adult daycare she attends is closed on Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving. Instead of calling it Black Friday, the daycare calls it Family Friday. Therefore, even if I did holiday shopping, I wouldn't begin on Black Friday. This week, Mom has been home since Wednesday.

On Wednesday, Mom lay in bed all day. She complained of all morning because she had to stay in bed, but she slept all afternoon because the hospice delivered the medication about noon. Thursday, she I got her out of bed, so that she could eat pumpkin pie and stuffing with green beans and chicken gravy. I managed to get her back in bed safely. Today, she is sleeping all day because her time up on Thursday tired her out, but she did get to see the Thanksgiving day parade.

As for my shopping habits, I don't do Christmas or holiday shopping of any type. The closest I ever come to this type of shopping is to go to the grocery store and see what type of specials they have for the holiday season. Since December 24 is my birthday, I might buy a birthday cake or I might make one. For New Years, I will buy black eyed peas and fix them in the slow cooker with a ham bone or maybe some smoked pigs feet; I haven't decided which one I'm fixing with the black eye peas.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766674-Family-Friday-not-Black-Friday