*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767214-Techno-Confusion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#767214 added November 29, 2012 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Techno Confusion.
I went shopping with my friend Joy yesterday. I think I've mentioned before she's not too familiar with technology. I recently gave her my old mobile phone and some lessons in order to improve her skills, but alas there's not been much change. Still, it wouldn't do if we were all the same.

Of course the shops are now full of everything to do with the season I love to hate. Some of the crap they put on the shelves for humbug defies description. *Rolleyes* Later, as we sat with our drinks the subject turned to what our grandmonsters are expecting for humbug. Joy now has three teenage granddaughters, so obviously they are into all things technical.

'Our Jaycee wants one of those things that you and Jane have got,' said Joy.

I had a think, then asked "Do you mean an iPhone?"

'No,' replied Joy, 'One of those flat things.'

' You mean an iPad?'

'No, it's one of those things that you download stuff onto from a computer," said Joy.

'An iPod?'

'No. One of those things you can read books on. it's on the tip of my tongue. Is it a candle?' *Laugh*

I really don't think there's much hope of Joy ever tackling technology. . But then as I said it wouldn't be right if we were all the same. After all Joy's love of house work is an alien language to me.

I bet I spend as much time sorting and posting photos as she does ironing. Another link to USA photos below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114237082390614758974/SanDiegoOctober2012?authuser=...

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767214-Techno-Confusion