*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766487-Wet-Weekends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#766487 added June 13, 2015 at 6:24am
Restrictions: None
Wet Weekends
Well and truly back in routine now and the calendar rapidly filling up with appointments. I can't seem to find one day when there's an option to stay home and catch up with the basics. And the weather is abysmal with yet more rain. It was still dark at eight this morning as well as pimply sissing down and there's still another month before the shortest day. Most depressing. Why is it there's more goes on at this time of year than any other when conditions outside are hardly conducive? I guess I know the answer to that one. *Pthb*

So what have I been up to in the last week when I haven't found time to write an entry? The usual supermarket run, reflexology session, shopping, visiting friends in Newark and tearing my hair out with sorting photos and videos. Last weekend we had the grandmonsters to stay while Paul had a lad's long weekend in Latvia. Not sure if any of us have recovered yet. For us it was go, go, go all weekend but they did enjoy themselves, particularly a baking session when they made chocolate covered brownies. We had chocolate covered tablecloths, chairs, carpet and kids too, but it all came out in the wash. I'm not sure if son's hangover has subsided yet however.

This weekend we'll be going to London on Friday to see Robbie Williams *Heart* in concert, then it's my group hike on Saturday and another visit from the grand monsters on Sunday. Amongst all the activity I'd like to pull in a visit to my sister's, but we are all waiting on the arrival of her first grand monster, due any time now, before we can make any firm arrangements. Anxiety levels are high as Tamsen, the expectant Mum is 39 and has had two miscarriages prior to this. Keeping everything crossed. It's about time we had some good news in the family.

Time to get ready for a day out shopping with my friend Joy. Not my favourite time to be out in the retail world with the mayhem of humbug descending and the pouring rain, but you know me. Never one to complain. *Wink*

Photo link to our time in St Louis below. Boy, does that seem another lifetime ago now.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114237082390614758974/StLouisSeptember2012?authuser...



© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766487-Wet-Weekends