*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767473-Mutually-Exclusive
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#767473 added December 9, 2012 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
Mutually Exclusive

Mutually Exclusive


Sometime after conception and certainly by the time when your birthing occurred, you became aware.

“Aware of what?” you ask.

Aware of your personal identity, aware that you were alive, aware that you were in the driver’s seat of this marvelous human bio-organism you drive around.

“Is that all?” you reply

That’s pretty much it. Think of yourself as a dumb-ass, who woke up in the pilot’s seat of the Space Shuttle. If that’s too much of a stretch, picture yourself as a cab driver. Yeah! That’s a good analogy but with some minor variations. Nobody is telling you were to drive your cab. You have something called a free will that isn’t really all that free.

There are certain things you want to avoid with your cab… like front end collisions with immovable objects or driving off the bank and into a river. You are also expected to go to a service station and refill the tank periodically and do a little driver maintenance (keep the air filter clean) go to the car wash and keep the fluids changed and the engine free of sludge. (Farting sound) *Bigsmile* One last thing that is sort of unique is having to contribute to the conception of little taxi-cabs. Granted we don’t have to do much in that regard (Pant! Pant!) but we are compelled to do our small part.

Do you know that five percent of the DNA sequencing in your body is the exact same as in a mouse. I hope that gives you some idea of how special you are and if it does I hope it fosters a small sense of humility.

If this is all there is then why has GOD gone to all the trouble to make us aware? Why bother....?

A clueless voices whispers…. “GOD? Who the heck is that? ( the clueless one likes talking to himself.... replies, (thinking?) out loud.) I”m the end result of an evolutionary process that started in a sludge pool in the distant past, and finally trickled out the PCV pipe of history and plopped into the present. I have hung around awhile, done some stuff, and when this machine quits running, I’m gone… into a dark cavern and there ain’t no light at the end of the tunnel.”

On the other hand if, you subscribe to the Christian faith, you believe you were put here for a purpose. Perhaps to make the world a better place... (It's a good starting point don't you think?) and how well you do decides a home on the cul de sac of many mansions and a seat, on the right hand of God.

Now I’m glad to be having this weird conversation because basically one with awareness can subscribe to the primordial pool notion or instead to the idea of creation.

The creation model has been getting a lot of flack since the slime model has been gaining in acceptance and popularity. It doesn’t seem to have occurred to anyone that they are not mutually exclusive. I could make the case that we were created with a subprogram that allowed us to evolve and adjust to the changing conditions of the planet. In this hypothesis evolution is a subset of creation and it doesn’t conflict with the fact that we were all created. If the program of life were written in a modular format, evolution would be a block, at best, located somewhere on the second tier. (Endowed with certain unalienable rights….? Now there's a conjecture worthy of debate.) *Bigsmile*

Is that cool or what?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767473-Mutually-Exclusive