*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767980-This-is-my-title-for-today
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#767980 added December 8, 2012 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
This is my title for today
Thank you to catty for the gift of a costumicon. I love having a costumicon, but rarely buy one.

We haven't moved into my mother's house yet. We must have a dog door and a fence before we do. My dogs are used to a dog door and a fence, and I don't propose to work all day without them. My husband is planning on working on the fence next week. We are also adding a bedroom, since all three children have gotten used to their own room, and we don't really want to go back.

My birthday was a week ago. I told everybody not to give me anything, since I am about to move and don't want anything extra to fool with. Naturally, as a result, my husband gave me something this year. Last year, when I wouldn't have minded a present, I got nothing. This makes sense - to somebody. Just not me! Anyway, it wasn't much: a Snoopy doll that plays the Snoopy theme (I needed that, now didn't I?), some earrings, and a suncatcher in the shape of a flower. My mother gave me some socks and some makeup, both of which I can at least use.

My little town, Richland, had their Christmas parade this afternoon. Haha! It was nice and medium-warm for this year's parade. I remember a couple or three years ago it was frigidly cold, plus it was trying to rain, and the parade lasted about 10 minutes. No kidding! It may have been shorter than that. That's Mississippi for you - we can do cold, and we can do rain, but we don't deal with them too well together. This year it was about 30 minutes long, which is normal - a good length for a parade.

There used to be a show on TV called Upstairs Downstairs, which I never watched, but my mother did. I found a fictionalized version of this show at a flea market. They do that sometimes, take a TV show or a movie and make a book out of it, instead of the other way around. I have been about to kill myself reading it. I have also been re-reading Catcher in the Rye.

My mother is at a Christmas party. We are babysitting her dog. One of my dogs is a go-with-the-flow type of dog, and she's fine with this. The other one is the Alpha dog of the household, and she has been registering her objections with us about having a visitor. We have just about succeeded in getting her over herself, mostly by ignoring her. Haha! It's not good for anybody, even a dog, to get their own way ALL the time, now is it? I tried to tell her that Santa Clause is watching her, but she seemed unconcerned.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767980-This-is-my-title-for-today