*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768223-Genetic-Family-Engineering
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#768223 added December 11, 2012 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Genetic Family Engineering
Genetic Family Engineering.

For those of us alive today there appears to be little likelihood that we will receive the benefits that genetic engineering will someday offer. For those who are yet unborn however, some will receive benefits that stagger the imagination.

Visualize two laptops, one coding an egg and another coding a sperm. This egg and sperm have the codes of their donors being optimized. By optimized, I mean code that is not conducive to long life, resistant to diseases, and designed to enhance mental acuity, is replaced by code that is. The bad code is deleted and the good code added in. Only then are the egg and sperm allowed to comingle and replicate. The result is a human unit that is what I call a product-improved version (PIV).

This technology will help understand the cause of aging and diseases so those of us alive today will see some benefit. However, the big benefit will accrue to those with the money to spend on their offspring and the technology will be extremely expensive.

As the product-improved human units begin to come on line we will see in them a longer life span, stronger and more athletic bodies and keener minds. The traditional model human beings will operate at a severe disadvantage that will grow more acute with each passing generation. Countries with the product-improved versions will have a real leg up on countries forced to accept the status quo.

What technology will allow science to do is accelerate the evolution process giving thought to what here-to-for has been random changes tested on the basis of survival of the fittest (SOF). What before took thousands of years will be accomplished in a single generation. Those offspring will be protected from the SOF arena by the wealth of their parents, social groups and governments.

One can only speculate on the social challenges that lie ahead. China has tried to curb its population growth by limiting the size of families. This has been a painful process, but it will be as nothing, compared to the challenges of Genetic Family Engineering.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768223-Genetic-Family-Engineering