*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768656-blog-stew
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#768656 added December 16, 2012 at 2:56pm
Restrictions: None
blog stew
I'm trying to get back into the blogging groove. My mind flashed back to when I blogged EVERY DAY. That seems like a million years ago.

It is raining like crazy in central Mississippi. The ditch in front of our house is full. It makes me feel good for the rain to fall, since it so rarely happens. It makes me think our grass and trees are getting nutritionalized. I feel sorry for them in the summer, but not sorry enough to water them. Our water bill would be a million dollars if I did that. Plus, the grass doesn't seem to be hurting enough for me to have to stop cutting it.

Our church had our dinner on the grounds for Christmas today. I took homemade, not-out-of-a-box macaroni and cheese. Of course, most churches don't have it on the grounds anymore, we have it in the fellowship hall. The name is a holdover from when they actually went outside to have the dinner. I remember doing that when I was little. Good thing we did have it under a roof or we would have gotten wet.

Emily went to babysit for a family in a church. However, when I told her that she could pay for the presents she wants to buy her two friends with her babysitting money, she still looked at me crazy. Alas . . .we are talking about a CD and a poster, here.

We rode around and looked at lights last night - one of my pleasures in life.

My mother wants me to come drink coffee this afternoon. I told her I would, but only if we could have it in the raccoon cups. Drinking coffee is not my thing - I am a Coke person, but she has these precious cups that look like raccoons, and if I just have to drink coffee, raccoons make it better.

I suppose that makes me weird. Ah . . . so be it.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768656-blog-stew