*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768827-Optimism-Pessimism-and-Schrodingers-Cat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#768827 added December 17, 2012 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Optimism, Pessimism, and Schrodinger's Cat
So now they want to know if I'm an optimist or a pessimist.

Let me put it this way:

I believe that I can one day be a full time professional writer. If that is not incurable optimism, what is?

Actually, no. I have an answer to my own question. An incurable optimist would have probably submitted more things for publications, by now. But I'm such a pessimist that my fear of rejection sometimes stops me.

It's sort of like Schrodinger's cat. As long as you don't look in the box to observe whether the cat is alive or dead, the cat is not dead, but it's also not alive. If you want it to be alive, you have to take a chance and look in the box. That's sort of the unfotunate attitude that I've locked myself into. By not having to experience rejection, I keep myself optimistic that I won't be.

Oh well. In a few hours I depart for Hong Kong. Hopefully, I'll find time to blog and write while there.

© Copyright 2012 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768827-Optimism-Pessimism-and-Schrodingers-Cat