*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768846-This-ones-about-lots-of-pain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#768846 added December 17, 2012 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about lots of pain.
What's goin' on y'all? I've been meaning to stop in for awhile, but I've been a little busy. I'll keep this short since I'm on Blackberry Central with wi-fi that likes to drop out often.

Friday night I managed to break and dislocate the shit outta my left ankle. It was dark out, I jumped and landed in a grassy rut the wrong way, and now I've got an enormous cast on my leg...toes to just below the knee. A few incisions and some screws, and I'll be fine in a few weeks.

I knew it wasn't right almost immediately. Of course I got up and tried to walk it off...and immediately crumpled back to the ground. I went to the ER, got xray'd up, medded up, and had surgery Sunday morning. I don't know if it was the impact, the cast, the swelling, or a combination of factors, but my left knee was swollen to almost twice its size. That went down thankfully, and I can almost bend my leg.

Apparently this is a long-term injury. I've heard 6-8 weeks. What sucks the most is I live in a 2nd-story room with no elevator; just 20 stairs. I barely made it up them, trying to crutch myself and my belongings up them from the hospital. I got lucky...someone was coming down the stairs as I was dropping everything on my way.

Anywho, if you don't hear from me for awhile, that's what's up. Take it from me, so you don't learn the hard way: cute hospital nurses do not spongebathe patients anymore. And that's not an easy thing to do in a gown with an IV in. And I'm sure there are less painful ways to acquire morphine.

I'll keep ya posted as best I can. Just be good and take care of each other. I'm gonna drop some painkillers and hit up a nap. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768846-This-ones-about-lots-of-pain