*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769022-Blog-Prompt--The-Evacuation-Grab
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#769022 added December 19, 2012 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Blog Prompt: The Evacuation Grab
From "Blogging Circle of Friends :

If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab? (not including people or pets)

You know, I can only think of one item, or one specific collection of items that I would grab. That would be my “bag o’ geekery,” which contains my Macbook Pro, my iPad, and the power cords for them and my iPhone 4. (My iPhone is always on my person, so I don’t need to grab that.)

These are my prized possessions. But they are also the things I would most want with me while I was displaced. They would enable me to read, write, and liveblog (or livetweet) the storm and my adventures in trying to rebuild my sense of stability after losing my home.

I suppose I might also want to grab some cat food, since Precious would need to eat and I have no idea when I’d be able to get to a store.

Oh, plus there’s the fact that I tend not to wear clothes while I’m at home, so I might want to grab a quick outfit to throw on before running out the door. ;)

JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769022-Blog-Prompt--The-Evacuation-Grab