*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769051-15-Minutes-to-disaster
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#769051 added December 19, 2012 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
15 Minutes to disaster...
The prompt for today is an interesting one because it makes you ponder what is most important to you, and if you can grab it quickly in an emergency.

Today's prompt asked us if you had fifteen minutes to evacuate before a hurricane strikes, what 10 things do you grab? I thought about it today, not fair, right, but these are the things I would pick up to take in the case of a hurricane evacuation:

1) My Bible - I'm going to need something to read and to guide me while we go through this disaster.

2) Our family photos - These show us the precious times in our life and are priceless to us. I have to grab them.

3) My laptop - Got to have something to use while we're at the shelter. I'll have to keep my eyes on it if I intend to bring it back home (if our home is still standing).

4) Daughter's stuffed animal, Leopard -

5) Two changes of clothes - Might need to change out of things since we don't know how long we'll be displaced. Just thinking ahead...

6) Underthings - Grandma always said keep a clean pair of drawers on hand...and I mean to listen to her advice! *Smile*

7) Toothpaste and toothbrush - Must keep up good oral hygiene, if not for myself, for those I love and care for.

8) Some gum - That is a good conversation breaker. The gum might go a long way at the shelter.

9) Kindle - I might be able to still read and play games. Not to mention, my daughter will enjoy playing the apps the Kindle holds soooo...


and

10) Any book from my Bill Pronzini collection will do! I think I will be set! *Smile*

© Copyright 2012 Happy Adore♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Adore♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769051-15-Minutes-to-disaster