*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769233-Breathe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#769233 added December 22, 2012 at 6:26am
Restrictions: None
Breathe...
Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.

It was essential we got through yesterday before we could start to hope. We did. We now know hubby has an extremely rare and serious form of Streptococcus type A infection, but the hospital he was transferred to have an expert team of specialists in skin conditions.

We aren't out of the woods yet, but things are moving in the right direction. He is still out of it with machines doing the work for him. He is being treated with the right anti biotic and will be kept sedated over the weekend. He will go back to the operating theatre on Monday to check there is no more infection in his tissues, then they'll start arranging reconstruction surgery.

We all go to see him every day and for once my little family are pulling together brilliantly, particularly considering they have small children and the time of year. The weather and traffic aren't helping, but we're doing all we can to support each other.

It's going to be a long and difficult haul, but hopefully we can breathe a little easier now. Thanks again for your support.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769233-Breathe