*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769380
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1910044
Jamie Kent meets a group of Ninja warriors who decide to become his protectors in school.
#769380 added December 24, 2012 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4: Jamie
Chapter 4: Jamie

The bell rang and the teacher was about to start the English lesson when the classroom door opened again, and this time, it was the Principal, Mr. Woodward.

Mr. Woodward was a short, fat man with a bald head who always wore a nice black suit and a red tie to work. He opened the door and he stared at all the students with a serious look on his face. Right away, everyone in the classroom became very quiet, because usually if he came in the classroom, it was because he had an important announcement to make, or he came to get a student out of the classroom because someone got suspended or detention for something really, really bad!

“Okay… Good morning, class!” the Principal said.

“Good morning, Mr. Woodward!” everyone said in unison, as he still held the door open with one hand. Obviously, there was another person still standing in the hallway, waiting to come in.

“Come on in, Jamie! This way!” he said to the person next to him.

A short boy with dark brown hair slowly walked into the classroom behind him, carrying his backpack in his hand. The boy looked rather shy and lost, and you could tell that this was his very first day here at the school since nobody had ever seen him before. He was white with bright, blue eyes. He wore a sweatshirt with long sleeves and blue jeans along with white tennis shoes. He looked short, like about five-foot-one or so, yet looked pretty large, but since his clothes were so baggy, I couldn’t understand if it was muscle or fat. In the former case, he must’ve been an avid bodybuilder to get such a body… but in the latter, he was surely a lazy and heavy-eating kid to become so huge.

“Class, this is Jamie Kent. Jamie will be attending class here for the next six months or so. Please tell us something about you, Jamie!” the Principal said to him.

At first, Jamie looked shocked that he had to speak in front of a classroom full of kids he didn’t know, but he cleared his throat and spoke. You could tell that he was very nervous.

“Hi… Umm… My name is Jamie Kent… I’m thirteen years old… I’m from Metropolis… My mom and dad work for the Daily Planet newspaper and they were asked to help open a new office here in New York… I don’t know anybody yet, so I hope to make some new friends…”

*So he doesn’t have any friends here…* I mused, *and his parents must have some money… That’s bad… Bullies tend to target isolated kids, and they dislike rich boys.*

“Do you have any hobbies? Do you play any sports?” Mr. Woodward asked him.

“Umm… No… Not really… I don’t play any sports… Just video games…” Jamie replied.

I mentally sighed. *So it’s that way… just an athletic, fat kid! Just the kind of boy bullies prefer to pick on!*

“Very good.” The Principal was saying. “ Well, There is a seat over there, Jamie!”

Jamie walked around and sat down… Right next to Kevin, of all people! I sighed again… Being associated with a bullied boy, here’s a good way to become bullied!

“Guys… I think we need to add this dude to our list…” I whispered to Hiroki.

“No doubt… Especially if he’s going to be hanging out with Kevin!”

“Yeah…”

Jamie slowly walked over to the empty desk which was right next to where Kevin was seated. He set his backpack on the floor before sitting down. Then, he sat down and pulled his notebook and pencil out of his backpack and set them on his desk.
“Hey! My name is Kevin!” Kevin said, as he reached out with his arm to shake his hand. But in the process of doing so, Kevin knocked Jamie’s notebook off the desk!
“Oh man…” Kevin sighed. “I’m sorry!”
“Don’t worry… My name is Jamie, by the way…” Jamie smiled, as he reached down and picked up his notebook and pencil, which had fallen on the ground. “I just arrived here so I’m a little nervous…”
“Ohhh cool, so you’re from Metropolis, huh?” Kevin asked him.
“Uhh, yeah… I grew up there!”
“So cool! Have you ever seen Superman in person?” Kevin wondered.
“What?” Jamie asked feeling a bit surprised that Kevin asked that right away.
“Well, doesn’t Superman live in Metropolis?”
“Oh, yeah…” Jamie replied. “I… I’ve met him…”
“What about Superboy? I heard he was a really cool guy! Is he really fun to talk to?” Kevin wondered.
“Who? Superboy?”
“Yeah! I mean… I kind of wonder what he must be like… A kid with super powers… Is he kinda snotty or is he really friendly and cool?” Kevin questioned him.
“Oh no! Superboy is very friendly! He’s just like any other kid!” Jamie replied in all earnestly.
“Cool! So you met him person? You talked to him?”
“Yeah! I’ve met him… I was at a party once and I talked to him in person!” Jamie explained. “He’s very down-to-earth!”
“Gosh…” Kevin sighed. “I would love to meet someone like him in person…”
Jamie just turned to Kevin and smiled. In the meantime, I had been watching those two guys the whole time, and listening in on their conversation. On one hand, I was happy that Jamie and Kevin had become friends so quickly. On the other, becoming friends with a boy like Kevin would only make Jamie an easier target for bullies, just because Kevin was such a geek in school already. Adding the facts Jamie was fat and un-athletic, pretty wealthy, clearly shy and meek, and he didn’t know anyone but Kevin, all those factors just made him a huge target. Those made me take an important decision.
Jamie Kent was now my Number One person to protect.


I love to write about science fiction and fantasy.
© Copyright 2012 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769380