*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770056-This-ones-about-proper-gifting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#770056 added January 2, 2013 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about proper gifting.
THE PROMPT: "If you could give any person in the world one gift (money and time are no obstacle), who would you pick and what would you give them?"

Welcome back y'all! First, a very happy birthday to Emily ! She's grabbed the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS by the bootstraps and is ushering it into 2013 with full force. She's got her grown-up pants on and is ready to go. I want to take a moment to personally thank her not only for the work she's done with the 30DBC, but also for her encouragement as well. From me and on behalf of the fine folks who read this Em, thank you, happy birthday, and welcome to adulthood...you've been warned! *Laugh*

Now, on to the prompt. Ironically, I was asked pretty much the same question the other day by my only friend in town. She was more than nice enough to make sure that Santa Claus stopped by my place with gifts and food...then she shot me an email asking me what I wouldve gotten her, if I could.

I didn't have an answer.

See, I was taught that there are certain things you don't say at certain times (I said I was taught that; I didn't say I learned it *Smirk*). The query struck me as off-putting. Here's me...in a new town, little money, and a bone in my foot that frantically tried to puncture the skin, and you'd like to know what I can do for you. *Rolleyes*

I've been worrying about myself a lot lately, wondering what I'm going to do or how I'm going to get around or trying to figure out what I need, so much so that I don't even have all the answers for myself half the time anymore. And when I do finally settle down, I'm exhausted from taking care of whatever I can take care of.

I also pride myself on being a good and thoughtful gift-giver. Given my situation currently, I am in no position to be giving anyone anything more than a wave of my crutches if they're coming up the stairs while I'm trying to make it down. Part of me feels bad that I have little to offer. Part of me accuses that other part of being selfish and only thinking about myself all the time. And part of me still requires painkillers and devices that help me get around. All of these parts have conspired to keep me safely out of fantasy dreamland for now. Or, well, until now.

If the chains are off and the credit has no limit and I can gift like Oprah, then that is what I shall do! (Cue the youtube clip of Dane Cook as Oprah, giving away school districts and humpback whales.)

But the more I think about it, the less I know. Maybe I'm too coddled by my own stress and needs, and that disallows me to thoughtfully think about others and what they desire. I don't even know. I hate not knowing. GI Joe's gonna kick me off his army for not knowing, which is half the battle if you know. (What they don't tell you...is what the other half of the battle is. It's a well-positioned cake with a piece cut at an improper angle, placed in front of you, and your mouth is too full of it to question why it's cut so.)

Ok, now I'm stalling on the prompt. If I were to give anyone anything (parameters be damned) and by "anyone" I mean "anyone not named me", without further ado, I'd give a proper governing body the power to crystallize common sense and then give a more proper governing body the power to shake it from a salt shaker all over the parties that need it most. I'm lookin' at your stupid asses, National Hockey League. Common sense would've ended your problems months ago, but since common sense isn't very common anymore, I'm just another fan without a game. You should all be ashamed...nope, wait, you won't. Shame is too common-sensical for ya.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Another favorite of mine...a resolution of sorts to myself.



VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* I don't make resolutions, but if I did, it'd be to be a better person to all that I come across. And that's my word.

Figures...as I prepare to close out this entry, the wi-fi has dropped out. I didn't need it when typing this, but I need it to send this. Such is life...2012, we hardly knew thee before 2013 took over where you left off. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770056-This-ones-about-proper-gifting