*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770268-Funny-Friday-Humor-softens-Lifes-blows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#770268 added January 4, 2013 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Humor softens Life's blows
Friday, January 4, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." ~Bill Cosby
Discuss the above quotation and whether or not you believe the same.


This morning I agree with the quotation because read the comics before any other section of the morning paper. I can always find something humorous in the comics, not matter how difficult my day begins or ends. There is always one or two comics that make me laugh and once I laugh my mood changes for the better. At the very least, one of the comics will make me smile, but this morning I laughed aloud at several of the comics.

In the Born Loser, one of Brutus' office buddies received a pair of men's leggings. The man who received the leggings said they were called meggings in the United Sates and mantyhose in Europe. Brutus said, "I've been wearing those for years, but I call them long underwear."

In Hi and Lois, the twins were talking about a "cold snap". The boy wanted to know "Why do they call this a 'cold snap'?" His sister had a good answer, "Maybe the 'snapping' starts after everything freezes."

Yes, humor can soften the worst blows of life. I remember an incident with my mother, at the time it occurred Mom was still able to get up at night without falling down. Mom got out of bed and I heard her so I went to see what she needed. Mom said, "I have to serve the man in the middle booth." I lead her through the house, I think she was looking for the middle booth, I just wanted to show her where we were. I even opened the front door so she could look outside. Mom kept insisting she had to serve the man in the middle booth. I finally convinced her to go back to bed, but she was angry with me because she though I had gotten her fired. The next morning she did not remember anything that happen.

I think Mom had a dream about working and she did not realize it was a dream. One of the manifestations of Alzheimer's disease (at least with my mother) was that she could not tell the difference between reality and a dream. If she had a dream she thought it was real, which lead to some interesting and funny midnight events. I still laugh about some of those events and humor did soften the blow of the Alzheimer's a little bit.


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770268-Funny-Friday-Humor-softens-Lifes-blows