*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770290-This-ones-about-using-humor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#770290 added January 6, 2013 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
This one's about using humor.
THE PROMPT: "Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." ~Bill Cosby
Discuss the above quotation and whether or not you believe the same.


What's up y'all? This prompt looks difficult on the surface, but for me, it's pretty easy.

Sure, I can sit here and bore you by rehashing all of the bullshit I've had to deal with over the last six months, but I'm not gonna do that. No need to totally revisit the past while I'm still dealing with consequences and knowing that I'm stuck in them for awhile before I can fully start moving forward with my life again.

I've received a lot of support and encouragement regarding my situation, and I'm grateful. Very thankful. I'm not going to lie; this is by far not been the easiest of times. But through all the drama, nonsense and other crap I've lived through, I've learned this: it's often pointless to complain. Yeah, I said it...for those of you who remember the debacle of a "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS that was poorly run several months ago that got me labled as a "complaining male".

Nobody wants to hear it. Everyone's sorry, and everyone's got their own problems to deal with. So I prefer to go the other way and try not to worry (and some days are more difficult than others). I have no choice really but to use humor when talking about or even thinking about my circumstance. I have to laugh, because really, what's my only other alternative? When I wake up tomorrow or the next couple of weeks, my problems will still be there. Bitching about them won't heal my ankle, stop the government from taking money away from me, find me a job, or make me happy. So I have to use my words to humor at least myself...and if somebody else along the way laughs too, even better. Because like I said, there really isn't any other palatable option for me at this time.

Imagine that...I managed to turn a prompt about humor into a depressing little missive. Eh, someday I'll be able to look back on this and laugh. Unless my crutches slip out from under me on the stairs or in the snow and I end up breaking my face. Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea...maybe I can get that fixed too!

MUSICAL COMEDY BREAK!!

I was trying to think of a song, but I'm not much for funny songs today. I referenced this little bit the other day though, and decided to share. For frame of reference, ya know?



VITAL STATS:

I'm gonna hafta come up with something later. Fell behind yesterday by not having a wi-fi connection and it's looking spotty again today. Ugh...it's gonna be a long weekend if I can't get some internet action. I'm gonna at least try and save this and get caught up with the next prompt, and if all goes well maybe get to some of the other entries. Wish me luck...


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770290-This-ones-about-using-humor