*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771081-My-fave-old-movie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#771081 added January 9, 2013 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
My fave old movie...
When I thought of today's question of what my favorite movie as a child was, and since it was when I was a child, it had to be an oldie but goodie. *Smile* Funny how time just sneaks up on you like a stalker. Anyway, I have to say, and this will sound cliche but my fave movie as a child was the Wizard of Oz.
It was, and still is, a favorite of mine because it still has the capacity to captivate the audience in spite of all of the advances with technology today. A good movie will always be that because of solid actors who were dedicated to their craft, the "technicolor" that changed from black and white to color once Dorothy was in the land of Oz, and the story tied to others in their respective parts of the country.
There was Dorothy, Aunt Em and I forget the uncle's name but I am not alone in that, I am sure.
There wasn't any Black people in the movie, so I didn't relate to it on that level. I think that if you look at it intelligently, as I have had to in a society that has consistently denied that blacks live the similar lives as their white counterparts, and therefore their children just might dream of a place far away and could appreciate a world like the land of Oz, just as I did as a child. I bought this movie last year on Amazon and played it for my daughter who is now 7. She just loved it, just as I did as a wee one. However,I am glad that she is viewing it from a very happy perspective and is only looking at it for the special effects and the ruby slippers worn by Dorothy.
It's interesting how you can take the same movie, and show it again, and depending on the circumstances the person exists in, they see it from a totally opposite perspective. I'm glad my daughter feels secure in our home and can live confidently in her world. It makes all the disparity between the two.
Yes, I did enjoy the Wizard of Oz as a child because it provided a world that was dreamy and far away from the dirt and ugliness around me, and it allowed me to dream.
Thanks for reading my post! *Smile*


The Tale of Coco Adore:
for friends and fans of the mayhem *Smile*

silent adore

** Image ID #1664809 Unavailable **

noticing newbies committee sig

© Copyright 2013 Happy Adore♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Adore♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771081-My-fave-old-movie