*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771271-Mass-Confusion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#771271 added January 11, 2013 at 3:38am
Restrictions: None
Mass Confusion
When hubby first had the invasive surgery to his face, we were told reconstruction would take place three to four weeks later to give the wounds time to heal as much as possible.

When he was discharged from hospital last week we were told it would be better for the surgery to take place sooner rather than later as the skin grafts would probably take better.

Botox was inserted into his left eyelid to keep the eye closed before surgery to avoid infection. The dressings are changed daily by district nurses, but having sight in only one eye is difficult to adjust to. He had an appointment at the hospital on Monday to check the Botox was working. He was then given an appointment for Thursday at 11.20am to see the surgeon when a decision would be made as to whether to proceed with surgery immediately.

At 8.15am yesterday we were woken by the hospital on the phone who were under the impression hubby was due in the operating theatre any minute and wondered where he'd got to. There had been no letter or mention of this previously, so we were quite perplexed. Having said that after all my previous dealings with hospitals, nothing surprises me.

My stepdaughter drove him to the hospital for the 11.20am appointment where they have now decided it's better to leave the grafting for a while longer to give the wounds time to settle. So, no operation until January 19th now, unless of course they change their minds again. *Rolleyes*

Not only am I feeling confused and dizzy from all the conflicting arrangements and opinions, I now have a stonking cold to add to the delights. Better get ready to walk to the shops and add lemon, honey and whiskey to my shopping list. If it helps then fine and if if it doesn't I might just keep self medicating until I'm past caring.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771271-Mass-Confusion