*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771386-This-ones-about-the-bloggers-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#771386 added August 13, 2013 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the blogger's day.
THE PROMPT: "A day in the life of a blogger."

What's up, kind people? A day in the life of a blogger, asks the prompt. One can only imagine that if it looked like this, any entry could and would be 10,000 times more interesting.

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/01/hunter-s-thompson-daily-routine/

Makes me a little sad and relieved that that isn't quite the case for me.

So anyway, since it's simple times over here for now, it shouldn't take much to tell you about what it's like in a day that I happen to write a blog entry. It looks something like this: (**All Eastern Standard times are approximate.)

10am-11am: Finally decide it's time to get my ass outta bed.

11am-3pm: Do almost nothing. Maybe eat, depending on the day (some days the church behind my building gives out free lunches to the poor, and other days it's free dinner). Crank up some NPR. Get the prompt for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, finish off the previous day's entry if I haven't already, and check my email and Facebook on Blackberry Central if the wi-fi's free for the taking. If it's not, shower, get dressed, and head off to the career center (which is located in the same building, kinda, as the one I live in...or about halfway between here and the church) to check my email (that's about all the career center computers are good for...that and Yahoo! sports).

3pm-6 or 7pm: Go to the library. Read some of the local newspapers and do all the stuff I can't do on a Blackberry. Copy the prompt for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS into a skeletal entry, think of a basic idea for an entry, find some music and stuff for it, and marinate it. When I'm done at the library and need to shop, it's off to either the Sunoco station or CVS, unless it's warm out and I feel like going to Kinney (Kinney has cheaper Spaghettios and cuter cashiers).

7pm-8pm: If I didn't make it to dinner at the church, I'll eat dinner. Maybe while listening to more NPR. Maybe not. Maybe there's some news I didn't get from the ESPN app if the wi-fi again is free for the taking. Maybe I'll read a newspaper if I picked one up that I didn't read at the library. And if I did get the newspaper, ya know I'm all about them crossword puzzles, son.

9pm-12am: I hate movies. If there's ever a biography written about my amazing lifestyle choices, that last sentence will be in the first paragraph. That said, I'll usually borrow a dvd or two from the library to pass the time with a cinematic adventure. That, my friends, is just the beginning of the epic sleep journey.

12am-4am: After watching the last of the dvd's bonus features, and maybe re-watching the damn movie with the audio commentary, it's time to unwind. I'll throw in a tv series on dvd and watch a few episodes until I'm ready to sleep. It almost works, too *Rolleyes*. I've already watched full seasons of Modern Family, Grounded For Life, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Everybody Loves Raymond and Eastbound & Down. Now I'm back into watching Friends.

4am-5am: I catch a pretty solid nap.

5am-5:15am: I wake up, wondering where the hell I am. And I'm usually in some sort of pain.

5:15am-9:30am: That's when most of the sleep happens. And some pretty awkward dreams as well.

9:30am-9:45am: Convince myself I haven't had nearly enough sleep.

9:45am-10 or 11am-ish: Top off my share of the day's sleep. Then I wake up and do it all over again.

MUSICAL BREAK!!



VITAL STATS:

*Sun* Shorts weather this weekend! Or, no sock monkey foot for a day or two. Travelling with just a sock instead.

I've had computer issues all weekend...gonna try to catch up today, hopefully....GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771386-This-ones-about-the-bloggers-day