*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771590-This-ones-about-the-good-fight
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#771590 added January 26, 2013 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the good fight.
THE PROMPT: "Persuade me why you appreciate verbal arguments or disagreements."

Good evening, folks. I'll admit, I was excited when I read this prompt (which was right before I realized I'd be without hacked wi-fi for the better part of two weeks). Obvious reasons, of course. I enjoy a well-rounded discussion between two halfway decent people.

The more I thought about this prompt, the more I wanted to start it with a random, not-totally-relevant-but-still-thought-provoking, random quote; something like "Anger is a gift" or "Where you end is where I begin" or "Sometimes a man needs the comfort and security of a good whore". I wanted something different to maybe spark discussion on its own merits, outside of the realm of a sanitary "comments" section.

I then realized, after some thought, that this could be a bad idea.

See, I can say anything, mix it with a little conviction, and if you're none the wiser, we're cool. But if you hesitate upon my words for a second, well, you'd better be sharp in your response...just as I best be sure to be able to back them words up proper. I don't wanna fight just to fight and throw around fancy phrases. I argue for the passion of my thoughts versus the passion of yours. We could both be right, or we could both be wrong, or we could fall somewhere in the middle. The point is that when you believe in something worth fighting for, and you understand it, it doesn't always matter who's right. It matters that you can ably defend yourself and your stance. Of course, being good-looking helps too.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Sorry if I posted this before, but I can't get over how awesome it is. Maybe it should be my "Verbal Arguements And Disagreements" theme song for 2013. As in, "Don't enter into any verbal disagreements with me, because I'm..."



VITAL STATS:

I'm kinda diggin' on this catch-up thing...not that I think anyone's gonna read them, but it feels good to get some of these thoughts I've been carrying around for awhile out there. No arguments from me. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771590-This-ones-about-the-good-fight