*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771654-iLaughs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#771654 added May 22, 2014 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
iLaughs
Days continue in the same vein with district nurses, shopping, housework, hubby care and staying (in)sane taking top priority. Now we have four inches of snow with more forecast to add to the delights. *Rolleyes*

We still haven't had our UnHumbug as we're still waiting on hubby's skin grafting to see when he'll feel up to having the whole family here. Our spare room is full of Santa sacks and wrapped boxes and I'm hoping there's nothing perishable or explosive amongst the contents, as I'm rapidly forgetting what's in them

The grandmonsters hadn't seen Granddad in nearly a month however, although they do video chat fairly frequently so are quite aware of the dressings on his face and the fact he's been very unwell. However, we decided to let them come over on Sunday as they are missing us and we miss them too. They were very good on the whole and didn't pester once about their unopened Humbug gifts upstairs.

I do hope they don't become obsessed with technological gadgets as many kids do in these times. In my humble opinion they are just right at present, choosing to play with a variety of things including games, soft toys, bricks, art materials and imagination. They have always loved games on the iPad too, but as they are appropriate to their age and development and they don't exclude other forms of play I think that's okay. The problem was they tended to fight over the one iPad they have at home so Paul and Mey Ling found a reasonably priced one to give to Angel for Humbug.

Now they have one each and peace reigns, although they still like to play on mine when they come here as it has different games and activities. On Sunday all three iPads were in use when Angel observed we all have an iPad now apart from Granddad.

Quick as a flash and without blinking Dylan replied,

'No, but he has an eye patch.' *Laugh*

That child is the funniest small person I've ever met in all my years.

He's a lot like myself in some ways and this photo took me back to my childhood when my bed looked pretty much the same,except different characters were sharing it. I think it did us both good to see them even if it was a bit exhausting.





© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771654-iLaughs