*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771849-My-favorite-childhood-memories-with-oatmeal-cookies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#771849 added January 16, 2013 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
My favorite childhood memories with oatmeal cookies
Soft homemade oatmeal cookies with raisins



I did say oatmeal cookies brought back favorite childhood memories...homemade ones with a smell that filled our humble home. ♥

There is a back story to this because I must admit that we lived with our own personal cookie monster...my mother. She adored, and still loves, cookies, in any shape or form but due to our humble estate, other varieties were consumed less often. However, since we ate oatmeal pretty regularly, we had oatmeal on hand...and cookies were made by my mother with love. It was always a happy experience when oatmeal cookies were prepared. Me and my sister would sit in the kitchen and watch our mother put the mix together. My eyes watched with hawk-like intensity since I purposed in myself to learn the recipe for my own. *Smile* I enjoyed baking from a young age, so I wanted to master the oatmeal recipe. I even enjoyed them with raisins. We ate them for snacks back then and didn't think much about how they looked. Oh, now the things we feed our children today and I'm guilty as the rest!

I loved the brand Mrs. Allison's Homemade cookies, as well, when we couldn't bake them. Once I moved away I couldn't find those soft cookies here in Indiana but it might be because their cookies are from a local manufacturer from Hazelwood, MO, which is my hometown.

So ,there you go. Nothing real special but eating homemade oatmeal cookies reminds me of some of the most enjoyable times in my life, when the days were innocent and it was alright to play all day. *Smile*

Well, off to catch the season premiere of American Idol...hope this won't be time wasted. Of course, it is, and I'm not fooling anyone, especially myself. *Rolleyes* Catch ya later...

The Tale of Coco Adore:
for friends and fans of the mayhem *Smile*

silent adore

** Image ID #25234 Unavailable **

noticing newbies committee sig

© Copyright 2013 Happy Adore♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Adore♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771849-My-favorite-childhood-memories-with-oatmeal-cookies