*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772744-sun-gone-left-some-hope
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#772744 added January 25, 2013 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
sun gone, left some hope
Yesterday started out as a beautiful day, the first blue sky I've seen in weeks. It only lasted a couple of hours, but I was relieved to see the sun was still out there.

Bill and I went to the Y for water aerobics. The leader of this group is the aquatics director. She has much more pep and personality than any of the others and really keeps us moving. She arranges the exercises like dance movements in a series of two or three or four which we go over a couple of times. Good stretching, good core stabilization and good cardio fitness too. I hope we'll keep it up at least twice a week. My writing class conflicts with the Friday session.

Afterwards I went to have the physical therapist-- no, I think it was occupational therapist-- re-wrap my leg to minimize swelling so I can be measured for a new custom compression stocking. Yes, I went through this in November, but they lost the pattern! It was quite a rigamarole of screwing up . "We didn't order it because we knew Medicare wouldn't pay for it. We couldn't call you to see if you intend to pay for it yourself because Medicare would consider that soliciting your business and fine us." B.S. Then when they did order it, they used measurements from two years ago, not the brand new ones I'd been to 4 sessions of OT to come up with.So, when it arrived it was too big, and we discovered their mistake. Starting over.

Last time the wrap (From toe to groin with coban, also called vet tape) was endurable for three days and did really well. This time it was slipping down and doubling up over my knee, making things worse instead of better, the next day. I cut myself out of in in increments all night long.

But I did get a story written for my writing class! It's about 1700 words, so I probably shouldn't post it here.

I have a real build-up of housework to do tomorrow!

© Copyright 2013 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772744-sun-gone-left-some-hope